City Hall, Department of Public Works, Troy Public Library, Troy Community Center, Stage Nature Center, Troy Historic Village, and Troy Racquet Club are closed to the public until further notice. Please keep in mind, this is a rapidly changing situation and those dates may change. We will continue to keep you updated.
Sanctuary Lake and Sylvan Glen golf courses are open for walking play only. Courses are prepared for several precautions such as one guest at a time for check-in, mask and gloves for all staff, flag sticks left in at all times, and more. Please visit golftroy.com to book a tee time.
Firefighters Park and Raintree Park disc golf courses are currently open. Please practice social distancing while utilizing the courses.
City Declares State of Emergency
April 20 and April 27 | Details will be posted on the City Council page as they become available.
April 28 | Details will be posted on the Planning Commission page as they become available.
Payments can be made online. You may also pay by check via mail or drop them in the dropboxes found outside City Hall.
Online payments can be made for the following:
- Refuse and recycling collection will continue as normal.
- SOCRRA drop-off center is closed until further notice.
- Yard waste collection begins the week of April 6.
- State of Michigan Executive Order 2020-70, Section 15-Rules Governing Face Coverings states: "Any individual able to medically tolerate a face covering must wear a covering over his or her nose and mouth- such as a homemade mask, scarf, bandana, handkerchief- when in any enclosed public space. Troy R.Y.D.E. passengers that are medically able to wear a face-covering will be required to do so when utilizing the transportation service.
Building Department | 248.524.3344 or 248.524.3350
- Inspections are still available and can be scheduled via phone line.
- Plan Review can be submitted via email.
- The Building Department is offering all Building Permit and Plan Review services online only.
- Beginning May 7, the Building Department will be offering onsite interior and exterior inspections for Building, Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing inspections for essential and non-essential categories.
- All non-emergency construction is suspended.
- Inspections are not available at this time.
- Plan and permit review can be submitted online or via email only.
- Businesses that require special attention or is of urgent nature can be scheduled via phone call or email.
Temporary Right-of-way Inspection Policy
The “Stay Home, Stay Safe” Executive Order (EO 2020-21) states in relevant parts:
- 1. This order must be construed broadly to prohibit in-person work that is not necessary to sustain or protect life.
- 5. Businesses and operations that employ critical infrastructure workers may continue in-person operations, subject to the following conditions:
(b) In-person activities that are not necessary to sustain or protect life must be suspended until normal operations resume.
- 6. All in-person government activities at whatever level (state, county, or local) that are not necessary to sustain or protect life, or to supporting those businesses and operations that are necessary to sustain or protect life, are suspended.
Based on this, the City’s ability to continue in-person activities like right-of-way inspections is limited to work that is necessary to sustain or protect life. The City will consider requests on a case-by-case basis. If you believe in-person work is necessary to sustain or protect life, please send a written request to one or both of the following individuals:
If no excavation required, contact Inspector Supervisor Joe Lietaert:
LietaertJG@troymi.gov | 248.885.1873
If excavation is required, contact Senior Civil Engineer Antonio Cicchetti:
A.Cicchetti@troymi.gov | 248.524.3385
The City will review each request to determine if we can provide right-of-way inspection services either in-person or electronically.
City Clerk’s Office | 248.524.3317
- Birth Certificate requests for copies (online form, need copy of DL and check) – dropbox or mail
- Death Certificate filings/requests for copies (online form, need check) – dropbox or mail
- No other services offered at this time.
Troy Public Library | 248.524.3538
- Please keep all library items until we re-open. Overdue fines and fees will be waived during this time. All material return boxes are closed. Please do not leave any material here. Do not return material to other libraries.
- AARP has suspended the Tax Assistance program. Tax volunteers are waiting to find out the new tax deadline from the Feds in order to reschedule appointments.
- Food Box pick-up and Senior Expo are canceled.
- Meals On Wheels will be delivery the food boxes to the homebound seniors in case they are shut down; one food box lasts one month
- RYDE- Currently, only accepting for medical appointments only (no shopping or work appts)
Local Restaurants Offering Takeout, Curbside & Delivery Services
Check this link for local restaurants open for takeout, curbside & delivery.