City Hall, Department of Public Works, Troy Public Library, Troy Community Center, Stage Nature Center, Troy Historic Village, Troy Racquet Club, and golf course are closed to the public until further notice. Please keep in mind, this is a rapidly changing situation and those dates may change. We will continue to keep you updated.
City Declares State of Emergency
- In compliance with the “Stay Home, Stay Safe” Executive Order (EO 2020-21), the City of Troy has canceled all public meetings, including City Council meetings, through April 13.
- If necessary, special meetings may be called by the City Clerk on the written request of the Mayor, or any two Members of the Council, consistent with the City Charter and Open Meetings Act.
- City government activities (including but not limited to law enforcement, public safety, and first responders) will continue to the fullest extent allowed by law.
Yard Waste Collection Delay
With this being the first week of yard waste collection there is a high volume of yard waste at the curb. It may take Tringali an additional day or two to complete their routes. Please leave yard waste at the curb and they will be back to collect anything that was missed or not collected on your regular collection day. This may include finishing routes through Friday and Saturday.
Payments can be made online. You may also pay by check via mail or drop them in the dropboxes found outside City Hall.
Online payments can be made for the following:
- Refuse and recycling collection will continue as normal.
- SOCRRA drop-off center is closed until further notice.
- Yard waste collection begins the week of April 6.
- Compost is not available at this time.
- Inspections are still available and can be scheduled via phone line.
- Plan Review can be submitted via email and/or drop box.
- Businesses that require special attention or is of urgent nature can be scheduled via phone call.
- Large plans or packages can still be picked up at front door.
- Please call (248) 524-3344 before dropping off or picking up permits, plan review documents or any other required document.
- All non-emergency construction is suspended.
- Inspections are not available at this time.
- Plan and permit review can be submitted online or via email only.
- Businesses that require special attention or is of urgent nature can be scheduled via phone call or email.
Temporary Right-of-way Inspection Policy
The “Stay Home, Stay Safe” Executive Order (EO 2020-21) states in relevant parts:
- 1. This order must be construed broadly to prohibit in-person work that is not necessary to sustain or protect life.
- 5. Businesses and operations that employ critical infrastructure workers may continue in-person operations, subject to the following conditions:
(b) In-person activities that are not necessary to sustain or protect life must be suspended until normal operations resume.
- 6. All in-person government activities at whatever level (state, county, or local) that are not necessary to sustain or protect life, or to supporting those businesses and operations that are necessary to sustain or protect life, are suspended.
Based on this, the City’s ability to continue in-person activities like right-of-way inspections is limited to work that is necessary to sustain or protect life. The City will consider requests on a case-by-case basis. If you believe in-person work is necessary to sustain or protect life, please send a written request to one or both of the following individuals:
If no excavation required, contact Inspector Supervisor Joe Lietaert:
LietaertJG@troymi.gov | 248.885.1873
If excavation is required, contact Senior Civil Engineer Antonio Cicchetti:
A.Cicchetti@troymi.gov | 248.524.3385
The City will review each request to determine if we can provide right-of-way inspection services either in-person or electronically.
City Clerk’s Office | 248.524.3317
- Birth Certificate requests for copies (online form, need copy of DL and check) – dropbox or mail
- Death Certificate filings/requests for copies (online form, need check) – dropbox or mail
- No other services offered at this time.
Troy Public Library | 248.524.3538
- Please keep all library items until we re-open. Overdue fines and fees will be waived during this time. All material return boxes are closed. Please do not leave any material here. Do not return material to other libraries.
- AARP has suspended the Tax Assistance program. Tax volunteers are waiting to find out the new tax deadline from the Feds in order to reschedule appointments.
- Food Box pick-up and Senior Expo are canceled.
- Meals On Wheels will be delivery the food boxes to the homebound seniors in case they are shut down; one food box lasts one month
- RYDE-starting tomorrow they will be taking reservations for medical appointments only (no shopping or work appts)
Local Restaurants Offering Takeout, Curbside & Delivery Services
Check this link for local restaurants open for takeout, curbside & delivery.