Download Sign Permit Application
Sign Permit Forms and Information
NEW Sign permits for energized signs issued after November 8, 2022, require a SIDEWALK INSPECTION.
- Sidewalk Inspections performed at Troy City Hall, 500 W. Big Beaver, Troy 48084, east parking lot
- By appointment, contractor to schedule
- Inspections performed between 8am and 8:30 am
- When you arrive, call the Electrical Inspector, 248 524-3356, and tell him you are in the parking lot.
After a sign is installed, and final electrical (if applicable) is approved, the Sign Contractor must submit a signed letter, in preapproved format, to the City. The letter must certify construction and installation complies with permit documents and all applicable Codes and Ordinances. The City will provide the preapproved format with approved sign permit documents.
- Sign Permit Applications will only be accepted via e mail. Paper applications will no longer be accepted.
- Electrical permits available ONLY through BS&A Online. Paper applications will no longer be accepted.
- Payments must be done through BS&A Online. Other payment forms will not be processed.
- Approved sign permits will be emailed to applicants.
- All new signs must comply with the 2015 Michigan Building Code, Appendix H, as modified by the City.
BS&A Online allows you to:
- Download and pay for approved Sign Permit applications
- Apply, pay for, and download Electrical Permits
- BS&A Online Print and Save Permit How To
- Check outstanding balances
- Make credit card payments
Applications, maps & codes:
- Sign Ordinance
- Sign Permit Application
- Zoning Map
- Property Map with aerial photos
- Temporary Signs
- Building Code Board of Appeals Application (sign variances)
- Appendix H, Michigan Building Code as modified by the City
Contact Paul Evans, email@example.com with any questions.