August 7, 2018 Primary Election
**Register by July 9, 2018**
- Voter Registration Application
- AV Ballot Application - August 7 and November 6, 2018
- New Machines and New Ballots
- Federal Post Card Application Form
- Federal Post Card Application Form Instructions
November 6, 2018 General Election
**Register by October 9, 2018**
- State of Michigan Voter Registration Form
- Precinct Map "UPDATED"
- Voter ID Requirement Information
- Picture Identification at the Polls FAQ
- Temporary Sign Regulations
- State of Michigan Voter Information Center and Sample Ballots
- Michigan Campaign Finance Act Complaint Process
- Voter Information Request
- Oakland County Election Results
- Election Inspector Application (and Form I-9)
- Form I-9 Instructions
- Election Inspector Application (Students)
To Apply: Complete the Election Inspector Application and submit to:
500 W. Big Beaver Road
Troy, MI 48084
Important: The Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, must be completed and submitted with your Election Inspector Application. This document requires proof of eligibility to work in the United States. Please bring your acceptable documents (US Passport or Driver's License/ID Card and Social Security card) to the City Clerk's Office. The City of Troy requires a copy of your Social Security card to be on file for audit purposes.
Requirements: Must be registered voter in the State of Michigan; Students must be at least 16 years old and must meet voter registration requirements (except age); Must attend a mandatory training class prior to working their first election.
Hours: 6 am - 9 pm; Part-time hours are available. Please contact the City Clerk’s Office.
Pay: $10.00 per hour
Duties: Election Inspectors work with the chairperson, co-chairperson, and other inspectors to set up the precinct on Election Day. They also assist voters throughout the voting process by checking their identification, verifying that the voter is eligible to vote and is in the correct voting precinct, recording the voter in the electronic poll book, assigning/issuing their ballot, assisting them with tabulating their ballot, as well as resolving any issues that arise during the day. Lastly, they assist in closing the precinct at the end of the evening.
Questions: Contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248.524.3316 or by email.
Previous Election Results
- November 8, 2016 Election Summary Report
- November 8, 2016 Election Precinct Report
- August 2, 2016 Election Summary Report
- August 2, 2016 Election Precinct Report
- March 8, 2016 Election Summary Report
- March 8, 2016 Election Precinct Report
- Nov. 3, 2015 Election Results Summary
- Nov. 3, 2015 Election Results by Precinct
- May 5, 2015 Election Results Summary
- May 5, 2015 Election Results by Precinct
- November 4, 2014 Election Results Summary
- November 4, 2014 Election Results by Precinct
- August 5, 2014 Election Results Summary
- August 5, 2014 Election Results by Precinct
- Nov. 5, 2013 Election Results Summary
- Nov. 5, 2013 Election Results by Precinct
- Voting systems were purchased statewide in 2017 utilizing leftover Federal HAVA Grant funds that provided for 100% of the cost of the new systems. Troy introduced the Verity voting system to voters at the November, 2017 election with great success. This user-friendly, digital scan voting system provides a digital backup of every paper ballot read as well as voter assistance terminals that are reliable, accurate and easy to use.
- There are currently 401 citizens serving as Election Inspectors in Troy (and we are always recruiting for more!) Election Inspectors are required to be registered to vote in the State of Michigan and at least 16 years old. You don't have to live in Troy to work for Troy elections!