City Treasurer's Office
The City Treasurer's Office serves as the focal point for all collections, deposits, and disbursements of receipts for the City on a daily basis. The major function of the department is the tax billing and collections. Taxes generate the largest portion of the revenue for the City.
Automatic Bill Payment for Water/Sewer Bills
Customers can authorize the City of Troy to automatically withdraw water/sewer payments electronically from a customer's checking or savings account on the due date. Customers receive the quarterly bill in advance before the payment is deducted. No checks...no postage...no late payments...no hassles. Automatic Bill Payment is free and easy to use.
- Automatic Water/Sewer Bill Payment FAQ's, Enrollment Form and Sign up for Paperless Water/Sewer Bills
- To cancel Auto-Pay: Automatic Payment Cancellation
- For more information, please call 248.524.3333.
- Mail Water Bill Payments to: City of Troy - Water, PO Box 554743, Detroit MI 48255-4743. Postmarks are not accepted. Please allow 7-10 business days for mailing.
Taxes are billed twice a year (July and December) for both real and personal property. Summer taxes are billed on July 1 and are payable by September 1 without penalty and interest. Winter taxes are billed on December 1 and are payable by February 14 without penalty. February 28, 2021 is the last day to pay 2020 tax bills at City Hall. Any tax payments not received in the Treasurer's Office by 4:30pm on February 28th must be paid with additional penalties to the Oakland County Treasurer at 1200 N. Telegraph, Pontiac, MI 48341. Bills are directed to both a homeowner and to a homeowner's mortgage company; therefore, it is very important for the homeowner to keep us informed if:
MAIL CHECK OR MONEY ORDER TO LOCKBOX
City of Troy Tax, PO Box 554754, Detroit, MI 48255-4754
MAIL CHECK OR MONEY ORDER TO OFFICE
City of Troy Treasurers Office, 500 W. Big Beaver, Troy, MI 48084
USE DROP BOX AT CITY HALL (check or money order only)
Located at the East and West Entrances to City Hall (Emptied Daily)
*If you need a receipt, include a Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope and the entire tax bill with your check or money order.
Credit card/Debit card/E-check
(Departments - City Treasurer - Online Payments)
3% convenience fee to use a card
$3 e-check fee (< $10,000)
Credit/Debit card (3% convenience fee)
E-check ($3 fee, < $10,000)
Initiate an online payment through your own financial institution.
*Check payment status online at www.troymi.gov/BSAonline
- A refinancing has occurred and a change in mortgage company is involved
- The mortgage was sold to another lender
- The mortgage has been paid off
- The home is sold
There is no such thing as too much information. State law holds the homeowner entirely responsible for making sure taxes are paid, so do what you can to see the tax bills are properly directed. If you are responsible for paying your own taxes, mark reminders on your calendar. If you have not received your summer tax bill by the end of the first week in July or your winter tax bill by the end of the first week in December, call the City Treasurer's Office. We will be happy to provide you with a copy. For further information, please contact the City Treasurer's Office at 248.524.3333.
- Check your Troy property tax bill or make a payment online
- Make tax payments with credit card by phone 1.855.375.7381, July 1, 2020 to February 28, 2021.
- NOTE: you may NOT use a credit card when paying taxes in person at the Treasurer's Office (500 W. Big Beaver Rd.) or by mail. Mail current tax season payment to: City of Troy - Tax, PO Box 554754, Detroit, MI 48255-4754. Postmarks are not accepted. Please allow 7-10 business days for mailing.
- NOTE: when paying through online banking, be sure to use the correct payment address and include parcel number. This type of payment may require your bank to create and mail a paper check. Postmarks are not accepted. Please allow 7-10 business days for mailing.
- Form #471 - Michigan Dept. of Treasury Application for Deferment of Summer Taxes
Drop Box Information
For your convenience, we have 2 secure drop-boxes for your tax payments and water & sewer bill payments accessible 24 hours a day. A drive-up box is located across from the west side entrance of City Hall, and a walk-up box is located at the east entrance of City Hall.
- Please pay by check or money order only, no cash or credit cards may be used for drop-box payments
- When using a drop-box, be sure to enclose your payment along with the appropriate portion of your bill in a sealed envelope
- Payments must be in the drop-box before 8 am of the business day following the due date to avoid a late fee
- Receipts will not be sent for drop-box payments. You can view your receipt on this website.
- Tax information is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week.