Refuse Collection runs Monday through Thursday starting at 7am and running until complete. Refuse can be placed at the curb no earlier than 5pm on the previous day and no later than 7am on your collection day. We ask that containers be removed as soon as possible, but no later than 24 hours after pickup.
Collection Route Map
If a holiday occurs on a weekday (Monday - Thursday), collection for the remaining days of that week will be one day delayed. Holiday's observed:
- New Year's Day (January 1st)
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day (July 4th)
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day (December 25th)
Refuse Preparation & Container Guidelines
When placing refuse out for collection please following these guidelines:
- Trash must be contained in bags and/or cans
- Bags or trash cans may not be larger than 35 gallons in size and must have lids and handles
- Bags cannot weigh more than 40 pounds
- Trash cans cannot weigh more than 60 pounds
- 2 cubic yard limit
The only exception to the 35 gallon container is Tringali's 95 gallon polycart. Carts are available for purchase from Tringali Sanitation. Call 248.585.9120 between 9:00am - 4:30pm for information.
No single piece of refuse (except for items approved under "Large Household Item Pickup") may weigh more than 60 pounds or exceed 3 feet in length or 3 feet in girth.
Garbage must be thoroughly drained and wrapped, placed inside a plastic bag, then placed inside a regulation sized trash can. The refuse collector is not allowed to reach into any container to dislodge the contents.
We ask that you follow these guidelines to avoid collection delays and mishaps. These guidelines are in place for the safety and welfare of the collection crew and residents, and to aid in the cleanliness of our neighborhoods.
Large Item Disposal & Bulk Pickup
Furniture and household appliances will be collected on your collection day except for excessive amounts due to moving, flooding or fire. Limit 2 pieces per week and each item must weigh less than 250 lbs. Place item(s) out at the curb on your collection day before 7am and allow 48 hours for removal. No appointment or phone call needed.
Refrigerator and freezer disposal: Remove doors and set beside the appliance.
Carpet disposal: Cut carpet to 3 ft width, roll, tie/tape each section and place out at curb on your collection day. Each roll shall not to exceed 3 feet in width and 60 pounds in weight.
Glass, Mirror and sharps disposal: Care should be taken when disposing of broken glass or other sharp objects. Place broken pieces in a heavy box and securely wrap or tape shut to prevent puncture and possible injury to the refuse collector. Sharps should be placed in a heavy duty, puncture proof container and sealed tightly shut.
For an excessive amount of trash (over 2 cubic yards) call Tringali Sanitation at 248.585.9120 for a price quote. Any items weighing in excess of 250 pounds will not be collected.
Items Not Collected
- Yard Waste in plastic bags
- Large branches over 2 inches in diameter - Requires chipping by private contractor.
- Shrubs, sod, and tree stumps
- Concrete, stone, tile and masonry
- Debris originating from building, demolishing, altering or repairing of structures, including, but not limited to, shingles, siding, paneling, plasterboard, ceiling tile, fencing, railroad ties, wooden decks, scrap lumber, garage doors, furnaces and boilers, oil tanks and drums.
- Dirt and sand
- Hazardous chemicals
- Hot ashes
- Large motor vehicle parts, car batteries and tires
- Liquid of any kind
- Paint cans (unless empty with lids removed or contents air-hardened or mixed with kitty litter or sand)
- Wood, including but not limited to, tree stumps, branches, shrubs, over 2 inches in diameter and 3 feet in length
Pickup service for the above items (excluding hazardous chemicals) is available through the contractor upon request for a fee basis. Call Tringali Sanitation 248.585.9120 for details. Items may also be taken to SOCRRA for disposal, fees may apply.
Apartments and Condominium Collection
All regulations and restrictions apply. Approved disposal material must be placed in plastic bags securely tied. No loose materials should be placed in dumpsters.