Refuse Collection runs Monday through Thursday starting at 7am and running until complete. Refuse can be placed at the curb no earlier than 5pm on the previous day and no later than 7am on your collection day. We ask that containers be removed as soon as possible, but no later than 24 hours after pickup.
2023 Holiday Delays
When a holiday occurs on a weekday (Monday - Thursday) collection for the holiday and remaining days of that week will be delayed by one day.
- New Year's Day: No delay 2023
- Memorial Day: Collection delayed one day all week
- Independence Day: Tuesday through Thursday collection delayed one day
- Labor Day: Collection delayed one day all week
- Thanksgiving: Only Thursday's collection delayed one day
- Christmas Day: Collection delayed one day all week
Refuse Preparation & Container Guidelines
When placing refuse out for collection please following these guidelines:
- Refuse must be contained in bags and/or outdoor trash containers. Garbage must be contained; the contractor is not permitted to reach inside cans to remove stuck items.
- Trash cans shall be between 10 to 35 gallon in size, have lids and handles, and not exceed 60 pounds. The only alternative permitted is a 90-gallon polycart that must be purchased from Tringali by calling 248.585.9120.
- Heavy duty, securely closed trash bags are also acceptable. Bags shall not exceed 32 gallons or weigh over 40 pounds.
- Weekly curbside collection is limited to 2 (two) cubic yards or about 15 bags.
For an excessive amount of trash (over 2 cubic yards) call Tringali Sanitation at 248.585.9120 for a price quote. Any items weighing in excess of 250 pounds will not be collected.
Large Item Disposal & Bulk Pickup
Furniture and household appliances will be collected on your collection day except for excessive amounts due to moving, flooding or fire. Limit of 2 (two) items per week. No items may weigh more than 250 lbs. Place item(s) out at the curb on your collection day before 7:00 am and allow 48 hours for removal. No appointment or phone call needed. Examples of items collected:
- Box springs and mattresses of any size
- Fridge/Freezer: Remove doors and set beside appliance
- Couch, loveseats, recliners
- Carpet: Cut carpet into 3 ft lengths and bundle/tie each section. Each roll shall not to exceed 3 feet in width and 60 pounds in weight.
Glass, Mirrors, and Sharps
Care should be taken when disposing of broken glass or other sharp objects. Place broken pieces in a heavy box and securely wrap or tape shut to prevent puncture and possible injury to the refuse collector. Sharps should be placed in a heavy duty, puncture proof container and sealed tightly shut.
Items Not Collected
- Remodeling debris, including but not limited to: materials from building, demolishing, altering or repairing of structures, roofing shingles, siding, paneling, plasterboard, ceiling tile, fencing, railroad ties, wooden decks, scrap lumber, garage doors, furnaces and boilers, oil tanks, and drums
- Concrete, stone, tile, or masonry
- Dirt, sand, and stone
- Yard waste of any kind; please do not dispose of yard waste in plastic bags to be collected as trash
- Hot ashes
- Hazardous chemicals
- Tires, large motor vehicle parts, or car batteries
- Scrap wood or lumber
For an excessive amount of trash (over 2 cubic yards) or to dispose of the items above please call Tringali Sanitation at 248.585.9120 for a price quote. Any items weighing in excess of 250 pounds will not be collected. The items listed above may also be taken to SOCRRA for a disposal fee.
Apartments and Condominiums
All regulations and restrictions apply. Approved disposal material must be placed in plastic bags securely tied. No loose materials should be placed in dumpsters.