Refuse Collection runs Monday through Thursday starting at 7 am and running until complete. Refuse can be placed at the curb no earlier than 5 pm on the previous day and no later than 7 am on your collection day. We ask that containers be removed as soon as possible, but no later than 24 hours after pickup.
Collection Route Map
If a holiday occurs on a weekday (Mon - Thur), collection for the remaining days of that week will be one day delayed. Holiday's observed:
- New Year's Day (January 1st)
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day (July 4th)
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day (December 25th)
Refuse Container Guidelines
Waste receptacles may not exceed 35-gallons or less than 10-gallons in capacity and must have lids and handles. The only exception to the 35-gallon container is Tringali's 90-gallon polycart. They are available for purchase from Tringali Sanitation. Call 248.585.9120 between 9 am - 4:30 pm for information.
Non-conforming containers such as pails, cardboard boxes, metal drums, bushel baskets, etc. will be considered rubbish and will be disposed of along with their contents.
The combined weight of container and contents may not exceed 60 pounds.
No single piece of refuse (except for items approved under "Large Household Item Pickup") may weigh more than 60 pounds or exceed 3 feet in length or 3 feet in girth.
Garbage must be thoroughly drained and wrapped, placed inside a plastic bag, then placed inside a regulation sized trash can. The refuse collector is not allowed to reach into any container to dislodge the contents.
Large Item Disposal & Bulk Pickup
Furniture and household appliances will be collected except for excessive amounts due to moving, flooding or fire. Limit 2 pieces per week and each item must weigh less than 250lbs. Place item(s) out at the curb on your collection day by 7 am and allow 48 hours for removal. No appointment or phone call needed.
Refrigerator and freezer disposal: Remove doors and set beside the appliance.
Carpet disposal: Cut carpet to 3 ft width, roll, tie/tape each section and place out at curb on your collection day. Each roll shall not to exceed 3 feet in width and 60 pounds in weight.
Glass, Mirror and sharps disposal: Care should be taken when disposing of broken glass or other sharp objects, especially if plastic bags are used. Such items should be securely wrapped to prevent puncture of the bag and possible injury to the refuse collector.
For an excessive amount of trash call Tringali Sanitation at 248.585.9120 for a price quote. Any items weighing in excess of 250 pounds will not be collected.
Items Not Collected
- Yard Waste in plastic bags
- Branches over 2 inches in diameter and over 3 feet in length
- Tree Stumps
- Debris originating from building, demolishing, altering or repairing of structures, including, but not limited to, shingles, siding, paneling, plasterboard, ceiling tile, fencing, railroad ties, wooden decks, scrap lumber, garage doors, furnaces and boilers, oil tanks and drums
- Dirt & Sand
- Hazardous chemicals
- Hot ashes
- Large motor vehicle parts & car batteries
- Liquid of any kind
- Motor vehicle batteries or tires
- Paint cans (unless empty with lids removed or contents air-hardened or mixed with kitty litter or sand)
- Wood, including but not limited to, tree stumps, branches, shrubs, over 2 inches in diameter and 3 feet in length
Pickup service for the above items (excluding hazardous chemicals) is available through the contractor upon request for a fee basis. Call Tringali Sanitation 248.585.9120 for details.
Apartments and Condominium Collection
All regulations and restrictions apply. Approved disposal material must be placed in plastic bags securely tied. No loose materials should be placed in dumpsters.