Ashely Tebedo, Administrative Services Manager
The Refuse and Recycling Division provides refuse, recycling, and yard waste collection through a private contractor, Tringali Sanitation. We service over 35,000 single family homes, condominiums, apartments, mobile homes, duplexes, and small commercial businesses on a weekly basis.
Yard Waste Collection has resumed for the 2023 season. The last week of collection will be the week of December 11th.
Yard waste must be prepared according to our yard waste guidelines:
- Yard waste bags shall be placed in 35-gallon (maximum) containers within a City of Troy yard waste sticker (available for free at any City building) OR in a paper yard waste bag.
- Brush or branches shall be 2 inches in diameter or smaller and cut to less than 3 feet in length, bundled and tied.
- Tringali will not be collecting branches that are larger than the sizes stated above. Any large brush will need to be cut down or chipped by a privately hired company.
A full list of our guidelines for yard waste collection can be found here.
Want to stay in the know? Click here to subscribe to refuse & recycling notifications and updates and never miss an announcement! We send updates on collection delays, events, and other important information throughout the year.
SOCRRA Drop Off Center
SOCRRA is open by appointment only for recycling services. Please visit their website to make an appointment and for a listing of items they accept.
A cardboard dumpster is available at the Department of Public Works (4693 Rochester Road) to drop off excess cardboard free of charge. This dumpster is available year round. Please break down cardboard boxes as best as possible and only dispose of cardboard - trash or other materials are NOT accepted at this location. Troy residents may continue to recycle cardboard at SOCRRA (appointment required). Please call 248.524.3392 with any questions.
2023 Holiday Delays
When a holiday occurs on a weekday (Monday - Thursday) collection for the holiday and remaining days of that week will be delayed by one day.
- Memorial Day: Collection delayed one day all week
- Independence Day: Tuesday through Thursday collection delayed one day
- Labor Day: Collection delayed one day all week
- Thanksgiving: Only Thursday's collection delayed one day
- Christmas Day: Collection delayed one day all week
The Waste Wizard search tool will assist you in determining which items can be reused, recycled, composted or disposed. It's as easy as typing in the item you wish to learn more about and receiving information instantly. Try it out now or download the free mobile app "SOCRRA Waste Wizard" from your app store. Visit Socrra.org to learn more.