Get To Know Your Government
Applications for the 2022 Troy Community Academy are closed. The program will return Fall 2023.
Ever wonder why the Police Department has a canine unit, how your water is kept clean and safe for drinking, or how the Engineering Department determines which roads will be built each year? We'll tell you during the City of Troy Community Academy program!
The annual Community Academy is an 8-week series of classes designed to teach the community about how their local government works for them.
The Fall 2022 Community Academy takes place on Wednesday evenings from 5:30 - 8:30 PM, September 14–November 2. A graduation ceremony with City Council will be held before the November 14 council meeting.
- September 14 | City Council, City Manager & Community Affairs, and Clerk
- September 21 | Fire Department and EMS
- September 28 | Library and Parks & Recreation
- October 5 | Historic Village and Nature Center
- October 12 | Finance, Treasurer, Assessing, and Purchasing
- October 19 | Public Works Department and Engineering
- October 26 | Planning and Economic Development
- November 2 | City Attorney and Police Department
- November 14 | Graduation Ceremony at City Council Meeting
During the weekly sessions, participants learn about the responsibilities of City departments and the services they provide to the community. Presentations and "behind-the-scenes" facility tours give participants a better understanding of the role local government plays in the quality of life that residents of Troy enjoy.
Sessions and tours are held at various locations throughout the City, including the Police Station, Public Works Facility, Fire Stations, the Historic Village, the Nature Center, City Hall, and more!