Get To Know Your Government
Troy Community Academy will return in 2024!
Ever wonder why the Police Department has a canine unit, how your water is kept clean and safe for drinking, or how the Engineering Department determines which roads will be built each year?
We'll tell you during the City of Troy Community Academy program!
The annual Community Academy is an 8-week series of classes designed to teach the community about how their local government works for them.
The Fall 2023 Community Academy takes place on Wednesday evenings from 5:30 - 8:30 PM, September 13 through November 1. A graduation ceremony with City Council will be held before the November 13 council meeting.
- City Council, City Manager & Community Affairs, and Clerk
- Fire Department and EMS
- Library and Parks & Recreation
- Historic Village and Nature Center
- Finance, Treasurer, Assessing, and Purchasing
- Public Works Department and Engineering
- Planning and Economic Development
- City Attorney and Police Department
- Graduation Ceremony at City Council Meeting
During the weekly sessions, participants will learn about the responsibilities of City departments and the services they provide to the community. Presentations and "behind-the-scenes" facility tours will give participants a better understanding of the role local government plays in the quality of life residents of Troy enjoy.
The sessions and tours are held at various locations throughout the City, including the Police Station, Public Works Facility, Fire Stations, Historic Village, Nature Center, City Hall, and more!