City of Troy

500 West Big Beaver
Troy, MI 48084
Ph: 248.524.3300

Police Records

Changes to Records Section due to Coronavirus Outbreak: The Troy Police Records counter will be open to the public beginning June 29, 2020 for business needing to be conducted in person. Please call or email the Records Section before coming in person to help avoid unnecessary in person contact. 

The Records counter will be open Monday – Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, excluding all major holidays.  Effective July 27th, Records will discontinue fingerprints until the Governor's State of Emergency order is lifted.  Any questions, please call (248)524-3437 or email at policerecords@troymi.gov

Hours:   Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4:30 pm

Phone Number:   248.524.3437

Email: policerecords@troymi.gov

Dog Licenses:  Oakland County dog licenses may be purchased at the Police Records counter.  The owner must provide proof of rabies.  Fees are dependent on if dog is spade or neutered, and if dog owner is over 65.  Licenses must be purchased before June 1 each year to avoid late fees.  Payment is accepted in cash or check only. Dog licenses may also be purchased from Oakland County Animal Control.

How to Request A Police Report:  Anyone file a Freedom of Information Act request via email, in person, or by mail.  A response to the request will be mailed within 5 business days of receipt of your request. 

How to Request a Crash Report:  Crash reports can be obtained online from CLEMIS.  Information on your crash slip will be needed to purchase the report.  You can also request a crash report directly from the Records section.

Concealed Pistol Licenses:  The Troy Police Department does not process concealed pistol licenses (CPL).  For more information about CPL’s you can visit the Oakland County Clerk page.

Fingerprinting:  Effective July 27th, Records will discontinue fingerprints until the Governor's State of Emergency order is lifted. 

Handgun Purchase Permit:  Handgun purchase permits are now only needed when purchasing or acquiring from an individual who is not a Federal Firearms Dealer.  Residents of Troy can apply for a purchase permit at the Records Section.  Hours for application are Monday - Friday, 8 am - 3:30 pm.

Fees:  Please be aware that only cash or check can be accepted for payments at the Records Section.