search icon

Household Hazardous Waste

Household Hazardous Waste
SOCRRA (995 Coolidge) is currently open by appointment only. Please make an appointment to dispose of household hazardous waste here

Special Household Waste
Medications, lawn/garden products, chemicals, automotive products such as motor oil, paints, household cleaners, solvents, insulin syringes, and other hazardous materials require special handling and cannot be disposed of with curbside refuse. SOCRRA offers a free disposal service for these items. Visit SOCRRA's website to make an appointment to drop these items at their facility.

Prescription Medication Disposal
Unwanted prescriptions can be disposed of in the Troy Police Department lobby. Only dry pills are accepted; no liquids, sharps, or packing material. 

Latex Paint
Latex paint (not oil) can be dried and placed in your refuse container. Alternatively, liquid latex paint can be disposed of at SOCRRA by appointment. 

Compact Fluorescent Lightbulbs (CFLs)
Lowes and Home Depot offer free drop off of these items at their stores. CFLs can also be taken to SOCRRA by appointment. 

Sign Up