Dee Ann Irby | Controller
The Accounting Department is responsible for the books of original entry for the assets, liabilities, equities, revenues, and expenditures of the City. Payroll, retiree payments, accounts payable, escrow deposits, fixed asset details, grant records, investment records, and accounts receivable are processed, recorded, and reported under the direction of the Accounting Manager. All funds are monitored for accuracy and proper accounting methods, ensuring appropriate internal controls are in place. The department contributes to the production of an annual audited financial report and its expansion into the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR).
Learn more about the Financial Department's specific responsibilities
Special City Council Meeting | April 15, 2024 | Budget Presentation
On April 15, 2024 Troy City Council will be presented with the City Manager's Proposed Budget. The budget will be adopted in May. The 2024-2025 Proposed Budget may be reviewed online just prior to that Study Session. Printed copies will be available for review at the City Clerk's Office or Troy Public Library. To watch the Special City Council Meeting budget presentation and view backup material visit troymi.gov/citycouncil.
Fast Facts About Troy's Financial Department
- City of Troy unlimited general obligation bonds boast a AAA rating from the National Bond Rating Agency, Standard & Poor's.
- Troy has been nationally recognized by the Government Finance Officers Association for Outstanding Achievement in Financial Reporting for both the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report and the summarized version the Popular Annual Finance Report (PAFR).
- You can view the City's check registers, purchasing contracts, salaries and benefits, and collective bargaining agreements here.
- You can review the City's performance indicators along with several other Michigan communities and school districts by accessing the "Munetrix" icon located in the Quick Links section under "Dashboard" of our website.
- Payroll: 248.524.3424
- Accounts Payable: 248.524.3414
- Accounts Receivable: 248.526.3510