The Director of Financial Services oversees the following divisions: Accounting/Finance; City Assessor's Office; City Treasurer's Office; Information Technology; and Purchasing. The Director of Financial Services compiles and reviews the City's three year annual budget including the assurance of quality, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, and compliance with local, state, and national standards.
The Director continually monitors financial condition and performance measurements through out the fiscal year. This includes quarterly reporting, cash flow analysis, forecasting, rate studies, financial/demographic trend reviews and budget amendments if necessary.
At the end of the fiscal year, the Director coordinates the City's annual independent audit and issues the nationally recognized and award winning Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) and the summarized Popular Annual Financial Report (PAFR).
City of Troy's Budget
The 2019-20 Budget was adopted by City Council at the May 6, 2019 City Council meeting. You can view the budget by selecting the financial documents link in the box to the left which will also allow you to view archived budget documents from previous years as well as other City of Troy Financial documents.
- Integrity: We are committed to provide services in an honest, ethical, open and respectful manner to all people and the free exchange of ideas.
- Excellence/Quality: We value innovative, timely, solution-oriented, and cost-effective services and systems. We are committed to achieving the highest levels of quality and reliability in the services we provide to our customers. We strive to provide sound financial leadership to the City by delivering proactive financial solutions and reporting that support the City’s master and strategic plans.
- Stewardship/Accountability: We practice sound financial management and are committed to safeguarding and ensuring the effective and efficient use of City resources.
- Transparency: We are committed to openly share public information with others in a way that is meaningful and effective.
- Communication: We are devoted to providing timely, accurate and meaningful reporting and communication to our internal and external customers that address questions or concerns, share constructive ideas, and provide information for well-informed decision making.
- Personal Excellence: We value and encourage continuous professional development of our staff and celebrate their success as they are our most valuable resource.
- Teamwork: We value the contribution our staff makes in achieving our mission and we support and encourage everyone working together in achieving desired outcomes.