If you have a life-threatening emergency or are reporting a crime that is happening right now - CALL 9-1-1 immediately!
There are three options for filing a non-emergency police report:
- At Your Location: Call the police non-emergency phone number 248.524.3477 and request that an officer be sent to your location
- Police Station: Come in to the police desk between the hours of 7:30 am and 10 pm and speak with an officer
- Online: Certain reports may be completed online. Generally, they are:
- Harassing phone calls/No known suspects.
- Identity Theft/ No known suspects.
- Theft/ No Known Suspects.
- Lost Property.
- Damaged Property / Vandalism.
- Private property traffic crashed/ Parked unattended, returned to find had been struck
The following information will help us complete a thorough report.
- Your name, address, birthdate, home, work, and cell phone numbers.
- The name, address, birthdate, home, work, and cell phone numbers of anyone else involved in the case (including victims, suspects, and witnesses.)
- Physical description of suspects including height and weight (approximate), eye and hair color, facial hair, clothing, and any other identifying marks (scars, tattoos, piercings, etc.)
- Descriptions of property that was stolen or damaged, including: brand, model, color, serial number, any other identifying features and value.
- If your vehicle was stolen, damaged, or broken into, have your vehicle registration or title and insurance certificate with you.
- Copies of account statements and other documents for cases of fraud or identity theft.
Witnesses or victims of a crime may complete a witness statement prior to coming into the station or meeting with an officer by using our form.
For traffic crashes, download, print, and complete a driver statement form. If you have decided to exchange information and make a report later, please have the information included on a traffic accident information form with you when you come in.