search icon


Code enforcement horse
Animal Permits

The City allows farm animals including but not limited to backyard chickens, horses, and goats. An Animal Permit from the City is required in advance of having the animals. If the property is less than 3/4 of an acre, a waiver from the Troy Animal Control Appeals Board is required. House pets like dogs and cats do not need an Animal Permit,  but dogs need a License from Oakland County.  See Troy Police link below. 

The State of Michigan requires all DOGS over 4 months to be current with rabies vaccine and to have a Michigan dog license, failure to comply may result in a misdemeanor ticket. You may purchase a one or three year dog license.

Sign Up