search icon

Water Bill Assistance Programs

The City of Troy is partnering with the organizations listed below to provide Troy residents water utility bill assistance. Utility bill assistance programs are managed and administered directly through each organization. Please direct any program specific questions to the respective organizations below. 

Great Lakes Water Authority - Water Residential Assistance Program (WRAP)
The Water Residential Assistance Program, or WRAP, provides assistance to eligible, low-income households who receive water and/or sewer service from GLWA member partner communities. Households can receive help with paying down past due balances and receive water and sewer bill payment assistance for up to two years. Eligible seniors and permanently disabled persons can obtain bill credit assistance without an expiration date. Participants may also receive conservation assistance and minor plumbing repairs. WRAP, a first of its kind program in Michigan, was created by representatives from throughout the region. GLWA partners with agencies like Macomb Community Action, United Way for Southeastern Michigan, and Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency to deliver WRAP services to residents.

To inquire about or apply for the Oakland County WRAP program please visit GLWA's website or call United Way for Southeastern Michigan at 248.983.5656.

WRAP - Oakland County Flyer

United Way for Southeastern Michigan - Hardship Assistance Program (HAP)
The Hardship Assistance Program (HAP) provides temporary relief and support to those experiencing hardship in Oakland County. This program can help eligible residents pay their current water or sewer bill for up to three months, reduce past due balances, and pay for plumbing repairs. 

To inquire about or apply for the Hardship Assistance Program (HAP) please visit United Way's website or call 844.211.4994 and press 3 for water assistance Monday - Friday, 9am to 4pm. 

HAP Flyer

Oakland Livingston Human Service Agency (OLHSA)  - Water Affordability Program
OLHSA's water affordability program can provide up to $3,000 in Oakland and Livingston County. The Water Affordability Program provides payment assistance for household accounts in arrears or disconnect status (please note Troy does not shut off water for non-payment). 

To inquire further about the program or apply, please contact Tanja Lasseigne at Tanjal@olhsa.org or 248.209.2600.


Sign Up