search icon

Legal Claims

Legal Claims for Overflows and Backups

Overflows and Backups

Please contact the Water Division at 248.524.3370 immediately upon discovery of any overflow or backup. During non-business hours, please contact the Troy Police Department at 248.524.3477.

Filing a Claim 
If you experience an overflow or a backup of a sewage disposal system or storm water system, you must file a written claim with the City within 45 days after the overflow or backup is discovered. Notice should be mailed to:
      City of Troy- City Attorney's Office      
      500 W. Big Beaver
      Troy, MI 48084
Failure to provide notice, in writing, within 45 days after the date of the damage or physical injury was discovered, will prevent recovery of damages for any loss. Call 248.524.3320 or email cheryl.rivera@troymi.gov for additional information. 

Sign Up