Northfield Parkway Construction - Whitfield to Brentwood
- Phase 2 is currently underway. This is the area between Hamilton Elementary and Brentwood.
- Northfield Parkway between Hamilton and Brentwood will be completely closed to thru traffic and all subdivision traffic must use Whitfield to enter and exit during this time. Motorists are advised to use the posted detours.
- The contractor is working to remove and pour concrete. Once the concrete has been poured it will need 5-10 days to adequately cure.
- To ensure there are no disruptions to school traffic, the area in front of Hamilton Elementary will be re-opened by 8/27.
- The rest of Northfield Parkway is expected to be fully re-opened on Tuesday, September 3rd.
- Southbound detour: NB Northfield Parkway > NB Coolidge > SB Coolidge > SB Coolidge > EB Long Lake > WB Long Lake > NB Northfield Parkway
- Northbound detour: SB Northfield Parkway > WB Long Lake > NB Coolidge > SB Northfield Parkway
The bridge closure on Coolidge is related to the Michigan Department of Transportation I-75 project and will not effect this detour or project. Questions regarding the Coolidge closure can be directed to MDOT at 313.518.1078 or by email at MDOT-I75-MegaProject@michigan.gov.
Updates will be provided as they become available. Please call the Department of Public Works, Streets Division with any questions or concerns at 248.524.3392.
Water Main Installation - South Blvd & Beach Rd
Beginning Monday, July 8th a water main installation will take place at the intersection of South Blvd and Beach Rd. The road will be closed for a period of one to three days, depending on progress of project. Those that will be effected by a loss of water service have been notified and will receive additional notification prior to water shutoff.
Access will be maintained to the garden at all times. Local traffic may be directed through Dublin Fair to access the gardens. Motorists are advised to use South Blvd, Adams, and Square Lake as alternative traffic routes.
Please contact the Department of Public Works, Water & Sewer Division at 248.524.3330 with any questions or concerns.