Connect with us on Social Media
The Troy Police Department connects with residents and visitors across all social media platforms. We ask that all who engage with us abide by the following policy.
The Troy Police Department engages the public through many digital outlets. Communicating with the Police Department through social media further enables users to contact with the Department in a direct and meaningful way.
It should be noted that retweets, favorites, likes, or shares are not official endorsements and may not represent the views and beliefs of the Troy Police Department.
Please be aware that when engaging with the Troy Police Department over social media, you are agreeing to the following:
Commenting on a Troy Police Department Social Media Site
The Troy Police Department shares information, images, and video with the public through external social media websites. Comments made by the public to these sites are reviewed and, while comments will not be edited by Department personnel, a comment may be deleted if it violates the comment policy described here.
- Comments should be related to the posted topic for the Department’s social media page or post. Troy Police social media accounts are not meant for comments that do not directly relate to the purpose or topic of the social media website or requests for police service. For general comments or communications concerning the Department, please contact the Troy Police Department at 248.524.3477. If you are reporting an emergency, call 911 immediately.
- You are subject to the Terms of Service (TOS) of the host site. Information (photos, videos, etc.) you share with or post to official Troy Police pages is also subject to the TOS of the host site and may be used by the owners of the host site for their own purposes. For more information, consult the host website's TOS.
- Troy Police social media accounts are not open to comments promoting or opposing any person campaigning for election to a political office, or promotion or advertisement of a business or commercial transaction.
- The use of obscene, threatening or harassing language is prohibited.
- Personal attacks of any kind or offensive comments that target or disparage any ethnic, racial, age, or religious group, gender, sexual orientation or disability status are prohibited.
- Comments advocating illegal activity or posting of material that violates copyrights or trademarks of others are prohibited.
- This comment policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time.
Users are welcome to submit or post content, including photographs and videos, to an official Troy Police page where the department allows users to post content, the content meets the standards articulated in this Customer Use Policy, and pertains to the subject of the social media site. Users may only post their own, original content. Reproduced or borrowed content that reasonably appears to violate third party rights will be deleted.
Questions or Concerns
Questions or concerns regarding the Troy Police Department’s social media activity, the Police Department’s social media policy and/or this Use Policy may be directed to the Public Information Officer at 248.524.3447.