The City of Troy does not allow the discharge of Consumer Grade Fireworks on any day without a permit, except as follows:
- December 31 until 1 am on January 1.
- The Saturday and Sunday immediately preceding Memorial Day until 11:45 pm on each of those days.
- June 29 to July 4 until 11:45 pm on each of those days.
- July 5, if that date is a Friday or Saturday, until 11:45 pm
- The Saturday and Sunday immediately preceding Labor Day until 11:45 pm on each of those days.
A ground fire shall be the minimum size for the intended purpose but not larger than 3 feet by 3 feet by 3 feet in dimension and shall be contained in a safe manner. It shall also meet the following requirements:
- Burn only seasoned, dried firewood or clean untreated lumber intended to minimize the generation of air contaminants
- Constantly attended by a minimum of one adult
- Maintain access to device(s) to suppress or minimize the spread of fire
- Maintain a safe distance from structures or other combustibles
- Pile height to remain under 3 feet
- Complaints regarding odor or smoke transmission may require law enforcement or the fire code official to require fire extinguishment (T.C.C. 307.1.1)
Special events include, but are not limited to, the following situations and guidelines:
- Exhibits/displays of goods, items, food, merchandise, wares, etc.
- Craft shows, art shows, book shows, train shows, etc.
- Trade shows; buying / selling of goods, items, food, merchandise, wares, etc.
- Public gatherings of 500 or more people inside of a tent or building beyond the normal use of the facility.
- Any event, whereby it’s occurrence changes the intended use of the facility.
Charcoal burners and other open-flame cooking devices shall not be operated on combustible balconies or within 10 feet (3048 mm) of combustible construction.
- One and two-family dwellings.
- Where buildings, balconies, and decks are protected by an automatic sprinkler system.
- LP gas cooking devices having LP gas container with a water capacity not greater than 2½ pounds [nominal 1 pound (0.454 kg) LP gas capacity].
- As with any open flame device, we ask our residents to exercise caution and good judgment when using this type of device.