Anytime work is being performed on the parking lot; whether it's maintenance work or new construction a permit is required.
Why is a parking lot permit required?
To ensure that the work performed is done in accordance with the site plan previously approved by the City of Troy; that the public infrastructure is not compromised; inconveniences to the public are minimized; ADA parking and routes are maintained; and disturbed areas are restored to original or better condition.
Who should obtain a parking lot permit?
It is highly recommended that the person or contractor performing the work obtain the permit. A home owner can pull a permit for a contractor if they are willing to assume the risk and liability for the contractors work.
- A map, plan and/or specification of the proposed facility and cost estimate.
- Traffic plan in cases of work impacting a public road.
- Proof of insurance with the City of Troy as an Additional insured.
- The appropriate surety bond or cash deposit along with the permit inspection fees. Fees are calculated by the Engineering Department after review of the application.
The Engineering Department is utilizing submittal of Parking Lot Permits online through AccessMyGov website, this allows for online application submittal, status inquiry, plan attachments, scheduling inspections, and payment of fees. An account must be created through:
- Contractor: Contractors Create an Account Here
- Property Owner: Property Owners Create an Account Here