City of Troy to Honor Exceptional Volunteers
The City of Troy will continue where Leadership Troy left off – honoring exceptional volunteers within the community. The City is hosting the Community Volunteer Recognition Banquet on Tuesday, April 21, 2020 at the San Marino Club. Reception starts at 6 pm followed by dinner & awards ceremony. Nominations are being accepted for Distinguished Citizen of Troy, Troy Business of the Year, and Volunteer of the Year for our local non-profit organizations. Deadline to submit nominations: Monday, March 16, 2020 at 4 pm. The Event is sponsored by AJ Desmond & Sons Funeral Directors and The Choice Group. Checks for dinner registration, please make payable to Troy Community Coalition.
Dinner Reservation Form Here
The Troy Business Community Appreciation Award will recognize and honor a business serving the Troy community that has provided significant support to local schools, community groups and/or non-profit organizations.
- Person must be resident(s) of Troy
- Couples can be nominated
- Past recipients are not eligible to be nominated.
The selected citizen(s) will have demonstrated achievement over a period of time and in several of the following areas:
- Contributed to the Troy community above and beyond required in their employment
- Demonstrated character, commitment and/or leadership qualities
- Received no monetary or in-kind compensation for volunteer activities
- Actively participated in community or civic organizations, school and/ or faith community
- Exemplified professional accomplishments and contribution to the economic well-being and quality of life in Troy
Nomination forms for each of the awards can be obtained either by downloading from the City of Troy website @ troymi.gov/volunteerrecognition, by calling 248.524.1147, or by emailing Cindy.Stewart@troymi.gov.