City of Troy to Honor Exceptional Volunteers
The City of Troy will continue where Leadership Troy left off – honoring exceptional volunteers within the community. The City is hosting the Community Volunteer Recognition Banquet on Wednesday, November 6 at the San Marino Club. Nominations are being accepted for Distinguished Citizen of Troy, Troy Business of the Year, and Volunteer of the Year for our local non-profit organizations.
The Volunteer of the Year Awards will recognize outstanding Troy residents who have made significant contributions to a specific organization in Troy that would like to honor them and show their appreciation.
The Troy Business Community Appreciation Award will recognize and honor a business serving the Troy community that has provided significant support to local schools, community groups and/or non-profit organizations.
The highest honor of the evening is the Distinguished Citizen Award. The purpose of the Distinguished Citizen Award is to honor Troy residents who have improved the quality of life in Troy through their civic and philanthropic deeds; to recognize those Troy residents who make significant contributions through their involvement in a number of local organizations; and to acknowledge those Troy residents who have selflessly given support to an individual, group, local church, school, neighbors or others that positively impacted the health, welfare and safety of the Troy community. Nominees must meet the following eligibility and selection criteria:
- Person must be resident(s) of Troy
- Couples can be nominated
- Past recipients are not eligible to be nominated.
The selected citizen(s) will have demonstrated achievement over a period of time and in several of the following areas:
- Contributed to the Troy community above and beyond required in their employment
- Demonstrated character, commitment and/or leadership qualities
- Received no monetary or in-kind compensation for volunteer activities
- Actively participated in community or civic organizations, school and/ or faith community
- Exemplified professional accomplishments and contribution to the economic well-being and quality of life in Troy
Nomination forms for each of the awards can be obtained either by downloading from the City of Troy website @ troymi.gov/volunteerrecognition, by calling 248.524.1147, or by emailing Cindy.Stewart@troymi.gov.