Connect with us!
The City of Troy connects with residents and visitors across all social media platforms! We ask that all who engage with us abide by the following policy.
The City of Troy engages the public through many digital outlets, including troymi.gov. Communicating with the City through social media further enables users to contact the City in a direct and meaningful way.
It should be noted that retweets, favorites, likes, or shares are not official endorsements and may not represent the views and beliefs of the City of Troy.
Please be aware that when engaging with the City of Troy over social media, you are agreeing to the following:
Commenting on a City of Troy Social Media Site
City of Troy departments share information, images, and video with the public through external social media websites. Comments made by the public to these sites are reviewed and, while comments will not be edited by City personnel, a comment may be deleted if it violates the comment policy described here.
- Comments should be related to the posted topic for the City's social media page or post. City of Troy social media accounts are not meant for comments that do not directly relate to the purpose or topic of the social media website or for service requests. For general comments or communications concerning the City, please contact the Community Affairs Department at 248.524.1147. For service requests, please contact apps.troymi.gov/CitizenRequestPortal.
- You are subject to the Terms of Service (TOS) of the host site. Information (photos, videos, etc.) you share with or post to official City of Troy pages is also subject to the TOS of the host site and may be used by the owners of the host site for their own purposes. For more information, consult the host website's TOS.
- Troy social media accounts are not open to comments promoting or opposing any person campaigning for election to a political office, or promotion or advertisement of a business or commercial transaction.
- The use of obscene, threatening or harassing language is prohibited.
- Personal attacks of any kind or offensive comments that target or disparage any ethnic, racial, age, or religious group, gender, sexual orientation or disability status are prohibited.
- Comments advocating illegal activity or posting of material that violates copyrights or trademarks of others are prohibited.
- This comment policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time.
Users are welcome to submit or post content, including photographs and videos, to an official City of Troy site where the department allows users to post content, the content meets the standards articulated in this Customer Use Policy, and pertains to the subject of the social media site. Users may only post their own, original content. Reproduced or borrowed content that reasonably appears to violate third party rights will be deleted.
Questions or Concerns
Questions or concerns regarding the City of Troy’s social media activity, the City's social media policy and/or this Use Policy may be submitted at apps.troymi.gov/CitizenRequestPortal/