The holidays are a magical time, and the perfect time to share joy with family, friends, and neighbors. In order to enhance the community’s holiday spirt and enjoyment of the season, the City of Troy will once again acknowledge residents that go above-and-beyond in decorating their homes for the winter holiday season. So, do you know someone with the prettiest holiday decorations on the block? Nominate them (or yourself) for our contest! All Troy residents are encouraged to participate, including previous winners.
Submit a nomination by Tuesday, December 5, 2023 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations should include a photo (small file size jpg) of the home, the home’s address, and name of the homeowner (if possible). Decorations must be visible from the roadway and should be lit up between December 6 - 8 between the hours of 6-10 pm for judging.
The tour map will be available at troymi.gov/holidaylights beginning Wednesday, December 6, 2023. Addresses will be added to the map as nominations are received throughout the nomination period. Residents are encouraged to take their own self-guided tour of all the nominated homes!
For questions about the contest or help with a nomination, please email the Community Affairs Department at email@example.com or call 248.524.1147Purpose
To acknowledge residents that go above-and-beyond in decorating their homes for the winter holiday season, and to enhance the community's holiday spirit and enjoyment of the season.
- Troy residents are encouraged to participate, including previous winners.
- Decorations must be visible from the roadway.
- Last day to submit a nomination is Tuesday, December 5, 2023.
- Decorations for the contest must be available and lit up on December 6, 7, and 8 between the hours of 6 - 10 pm for judging.
- Contest winners will be awarded and notified by December 15, 2023.
- All contest participants (winners and honorable mentions) will be included in the City's interactive Holiday Lights Tour Map.
- All contest winners will receive a lawn sign, certificate signed by the Mayor, and special designation on the interactive tour map.
Nominations should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and must include a photo (jpg, small file size please) of the home you want to nominate, the home's address, and name of homeowner (if possible).
Nomination Deadline - December 5
Judging - December 6-8
Winners Announced - December 15
Interactive Tour Map Kicks Off - December 10