See Your City Government
Up-Close & Personal!
Returning Fall 2022
Ever wonder why the Police Department has a canine unit, how your water is kept clean and safe for drinking, or how the Engineering Department determines which roads will be built each year? We'll tell you, during the City's Citizens Academy!
The annual Citizens Academy is an 8-week series of classes designed to teach citizens about how their local government works for them.
- City Council | City Manager & Community Affairs | Clerk
- Fire Department & EMS
- Library | Parks & Recreation
- Historic Village | Nature Center
- Public Works Department | Engineering
- Finance | Finance, Treasurer, Assessing, Purchasing
- Planning | Economic Development | Building Department
- City Attorney | Police Department
- Graduation Ceremony at City Council Meeting
During the weekly sessions, participants learn about the responsibilities of City departments and the services they provide to the community. Presentations and "behind-the-scenes" facility tours give participants a better understanding of the role local government plays in the quality of life that residents of Troy enjoy.
Sessions and tours are held at various locations throughout the City, including the Police Station, Public Works Facility, Fire Stations, the Historic Village, the Nature Center, City Hall, and more!