(and other changes to Election Law)
What is "No-Reason Absentee Voting"?
- Any registered voter can vote by absentee ballot without giving a reason
- Any registered voter can be on the Permanent Absentee Voter list to receive the application in the mail automatically before each election
- Absentee Voters must apply for absentee ballots before each election (ballots are not sent automatically)
When Can You Get an Absentee Ballot?
- Last day to request Absentee Ballots by mail: 5pm the Friday before each election
- Last day to request Absentee Ballots in-person at the City Clerk's Office: 4pm the Monday before each election
- City Clerk's Office will be open 8am-4pm the Saturday before each election
When Can You Register to Vote?
- Register by mail or online or at a Secretary of State's Office: until 15 days before each election
- Register in-person at the City Clerk's Office: from 14 days before each election until 8pm on Election Day