- Election Inspector Application (and Form I-9)
- Form I-9 Instructions
- Election Inspector Application (Students)
To Apply: Complete the Election Inspector Application and submit to:
Troy City Clerk 500 W. Big Beaver Road Troy, MI 48084
Important: Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, must be completed and submitted with your Election Inspector Application. Please bring these documents to the City Clerk's Office: US Passport or Driver's License/ID Card, and Social Security card. The City of Troy requires a copy of your Social Security card to be on file for audit purposes. Students (16-17 years old) must submit Michigan Work Permit with their Student Election inspector Application.
Requirements: Must be registered voter in the State of Michigan. Must attend a 3-hour (paid) training class prior to working. Students must be at least 16 years old and meet voter registration requirements (except age).
Hours: Election Days: 6 am - 9 pm (approximately); Part-time hours are available. Student hours must follow State of Michigan (CA-7) Work Permit guidelines.
Pay: $12.00 per hour (Election Day and training); Chairperson Bonus: $40; Co-Chairperson Bonus: $20
Precinct Duties: Election Inspectors work with the chairperson, co-chairperson, and other inspectors to set up the precinct on Election Day. They assist voters throughout the voting process by checking their identification, verifying that the voter is eligible to vote and is in the correct voting precinct, recording the voter in the electronic poll book, assigning/issuing their ballot, assisting them with tabulating their ballot, as well as resolving any issues that arise during the day. Election Inspectors also assist in closing the precinct after 8 pm. Absentee Counting Board Duties: Election Inspectors open, separate and count all absentee ballots received by the City Clerk's Office. They are sequestered in City Hall while the Counting Board is in session. Typical hours are 7am - 9pm, or until the ballot counting is complete.
Questions: Contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248.524.3316 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Election Inspector Training
- August 4, 2020 State Primary Training Video
- Red Precinct Procedures Binder
- Opening/Closing Checklist
- Electronic Poll Book (EPB) Manual
- Election Inspectors' Procedure Manual (Flipchart)
- State of Michigan YouTube Videos
- Verity Polling Place Field Guide (v 2.4)
- Verity Device Troubleshooting Field Guide (v 2.4)
- Verity Scan Training Video
- Touch Writer Training Video
- Station Tasks
- Precinct Measures - COVID-19
- Bureau of Elections Safe Election Guidelines