Inspections have to be called in by 4:30 pm the day before the requested inspection date. You must call the inspection line to request the inspection. See the contact list for the name and phone number of the inspector(s).
- A 2-hour inspection window can be given on the day of the inspection.
- To schedule a time to meet the inspector, call the inspector between 8:00 am and 8:30 am the day of the inspection.
- Inspections need to be called in by 4:15 pm the day before the requested inspection date as same-day inspections are not performed.
- Exact appointment times will not be provided. Appointments are either scheduled in a morning or afternoon time block. Available time blocks are 8 am - 12 pm or 12 pm to 3 pm.
- If the appointment needs to be canceled for any reason, such as inclement weather, please call as soon as possible to avoid a re-inspection fee.
- Appointments can be scheduled online
Final Grade Inspections: 248.524.3383
- Questions: George Ballard, Land Surveyor w/Engineering Dept. 248.524.3594
Final Site Compliance Inspection (Commercial Projects):
Fill out application online, print and fax to 248.524.3382.
Inspection conducted by the Planning Department Staff: 248.524.3364
- Questions: Planning Department - 248.524.3364
Fire Department Inspections/ Fire Prevention Division: 248.524.3419
- 48-hour notice required for all inspections (Hydrostatic Test, Fire Alarm, Underground Flush, Hydrant Flow Test, Final C of O)
Office Hours for the Inspectors
Inspectors are available (in the office) between 8 - 8:30am. Feel free to call them on their cell phones when needed. See contact list for inspector names and phone
|Dana Self||SAFEbuilt Chief Bldg. Official||
|Tommaso Caporuscio||Deputy Bldg. Official||
|John Girard||Building Inspector||
|Bill Hyder||Electrical Inspector||
|Mark Booth||Plumbing/Mechanical Inspector||
|Chris Loveless||Building Inspector||
|Megan Mark||Permit Technician||
|Salim Huerta, Jr.||Permit Technician||
|Merissa Clark||Senior Permit Technician||
|Al LaBar||Plumbing/Mechanical Inspector||