How to make a police report or request police service
Making a police report
If you have a life-threatening emergency or are reporting a crime that is happening right now - CALL 9-1-1 immediately!
To make a police report about a crime or other incident that is not an emergency, you have the following options:
- Call the police non-emergency phone number (248) 524-3477 and request that an officer be sent to your location
- Come in to the police desk between the hours of 7:30 am and 10:00 pm and speak with an officer
- Certain reports may be completed ONLINE. Generally, they are:
- Harassing phone calls/No known suspects.
- Identity Theft/ No known suspects.
- Theft/ No Known Suspects.
- Lost Property.
- Damaged Property / Vandalism.
- Private property traffic crashed/ Parked unattended, returned to find had been struck
- Click HERE for more information
Whichever option that you choose, please be prepared to provide as much of the following information that you can:
Download a witness statement form
. Fill out the statement in ink, describing the crime or incident completely and sign it.
Your name, address, birthdate, home, work, and cell phone numbers.
The name, address, birthdate, home, work, and cell phone numbers of anyone else involved in the case (including victims, suspects, and witnesses.)
Physical description of suspects including height and weight (approximate), eye and hair color, facial hair, clothing, and any other identifying marks (scars, tattoos, piercings, etc.)
Descriptions of property that was stolen or damaged, including: brand, model, color, serial number, any other identifying features and value.
If your vehicle was stolen, damaged, or broken into, have your vehicle registration or title and insurance certificate with you.
Copies of account statements and other documents for cases of fraud or identity theft.
If you were involved in a traffic accident on a roadway, it is better to have an officer come to the accident location. (It is advisable to move the vehicles off the roadway unless someone is seriously injured.)
If the drivers have decided to exchange information and make a report later, please have at least the information included on a traffic accident information form
with you when you come in. (you can also print a copy and keep one in your vehicle)
Witness Statement (file size 88k)
Traffic Accident Driver/Witness Statement (file size 72k)
Traffic Accident Information Form (file size 52k)
How to report a crime/ suspect sheet (file size 232k)
Babysitters Instruction form (file size 248k)