In accordance with Chapter 93 of the Troy City Code, a permit is required for the storage, display, or retail sale of approved fireworks.
The following procedure shall apply when requesting the issuance of a permit:
- Obtain a permit application from the Fire Prevention Division. This application must be filed no less than 15 days prior to the intended date of such storage,display, or retail sale.
- Complete the application and return it with a non-refundable application fee of$125.00. Check or money order shall be made payable to the City of Troy.
- An inspection of the site will be made by the Fire Prevention Division. This inspection will determine if all requirements for the storage, display, and retail sale of approved fireworks have been met. Failure to meet the following requirements may be cause for permit denial or confiscation of merchandise:
- NO PERSON UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE SHALL SELL, PURCHASE, OR POSSESS FIREWORKS UNLESS ACCOMPANIED BY A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN.
- FIREWORKS DISPLAYED FOR SALE SHALL NOT BE READILY ACCESSIBLE TO THE PUBLIC.
- A MINIMUM OF ONE (1) PRESSURIZED WATER FIRE EXTINGUISHER MEETING NFPA 10 REQUIREMENTS SHALL BE LOCATED NOT MORE THAN15 FEET AND NOT LESS THAN 10 FEET FROM THE HAZARD.
- "NO SMOKING" SIGNS SHALL BE CONSPICUOUSLY POSTED IN SPACES WHERE FIREWORKS ARE STORED OR DISPLAYED FOR SALE.
- THERE SHALL BE NO GREATER THAN 500 POUNDS GROSS WEIGHT OF FIREWORKS ON SITE AT ANY GIVEN TIME.
- A permit will be issued or denied pending the outcome of the inspection. The approved permit is non-transferable and shall expire 30 days from date of issue.